About the Customer Support Specialist Role:
This will be a remote position. However, we have several team members located in Austin, TX and Montrose, Colorado if you’d like to be located near your coworkers.
We’re looking to hire a full-time customer support role to our Campground Booking team. Not only will you be provided with salary, healthcare and other meaningful benefits — but you’ll be working alongside a truly great group of people who are building technology solutions in the camping industry.
Your primary focus in this role will be helping to support our campground customers be successful using our reservation system at their park, though not limited just to this capacity.
About our Team
We founded Campground Booking from the road almost five years with the purpose of helping support small business owners in the outdoors. We built a reservation system to help campgrounds take online bookings and have recently joined forces in an acquisition with Good Sam.
Why Join Our Team
- Work from anywhere. Want to travel around the country in an RV and do your job? Great. Most of our team has spent time on the road and we 100% support this within our business (even better, drop by and visit some of our campground customers on your travels).
- Support small business owners. Everyday we work alongside small business owners in running their campground. If you love working with small business owners, you’ll be able to have a meaningful impact within this role.
- Contribute to moving forward the camping and outdoor hospitality space. A major focus of our team is to empower entrepreneurs in the outdoor industry. Your role will be incredibly important in fulfilling this purpose.
What will you do?
- Provide an exceptional customer experience, using genuine kindness, empathy and professionalism.
- Timely answer customers’ questions via email, phone, live chat and live or recorded video.
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities.
- Provide recommendations to the Product team about how to improve customer experience.
- Troubleshoot platform issues to confirm problems customers report and log those issues with steps to reproduce the issues.
- Switch-task and track dozens of open tickets at various stages of completion and provide continuous communication to customers.
- Document support conversations in the help desk platform
- Assist in setting up new customer accounts.
What makes you a great fit:
- You are experienced as a Customer Support Specialist, Technical Support or similar Customer Service role.
- You understand other perspectives, can put yourself in someone else’s shoes and have a drive to go above and beyond what is expected of customer service.
- You are skilled in active listening and can clearly communicate information to non-technical people.
- You love to solve problems and find solutions when someone poses a challenging scenario.
- You’re a team player who thrives in a collaborative and fluid environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You love to constantly learn and take on new challenges.
- You have an aptitude for learning new technologies and software quickly.
- You are detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools and working autonomously
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Slack
- Campground management experience
- Familiarity with campground industry